11 March 2007

Just as a disclaimer....

Ok, so I think I should mention a couple things in light of what I have recently heard. First of, I am by no means a historian. Sorry. I would love to be a history teacher someday, but right now I am stuck in the current job. Until then, this is the best I can do. And rather than trying to focus on any one specific thing, this blog really just serves as a way for me to share with the world what I see. History is my hobby, and finding where it happened, my obssesion. But what good is knowledge if you can't share it? That's all I am doing here. All of my information is accurate, coming either from the sites I visit themselves, books, or reliable websites, such as Wikipedia. And of course there is the "hey stupid" factor. If I read something that doesn't make sense, I check other references to find the real answer. After all, no source has all the information. Which brings me to my next point. I decided Ishould list references here, just in case anyone happens to want to read them. Well, I already mentioned much of the information comes from the sites themselves. But a few books that have been useful so far are: Disease, Starvation and Death, Personal accounts of Camp Lawton by William Giles; A History of Florida Forts by Alejandro M. De Quesada; and Touring the Coastal Georgia Backroads by Nancy Rhine. Any references used in the future will be mentioned in the respective post. And of course many thanks to reference sites for marker and park locations, among them georgiahistory.com, flheritage.com, gastateparks.org, floridastateparks.org, and nps.gov . One final thing, I apologize, Spelling is not my strong point, so if you see me mis spell a common word, yes, I know, it happens. I do try to at least get names right, though. Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramble, and those of you who actually visit this site. Now back to our regular program....

No comments: