29 May 2008

Booze Crooze!!!

Ok, so my wife and I went on a cruise for Christmas, and since I got some neat photos, I thought I would share them. The kid-free vacation was her Christmas present, mine was going to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum at out destination of Cozumel, Mexico. Those will be the next post. But now, just so this post has some substance, for those of us who find this stuff interesting: Carnival Cruise Lines was created in 1972 by Ted Arison. The original ship was named the Mardi Gras, and was the former Empress of Canada built by the Canadian Pacific Steamship Company in 1958. The ship continued with Carnival until 1993, when it was sold to Epirotiki, a European cruise and shipping company. It went through a series of name changes, but was finally scrapped as the Apollo in 2003. Our ship, the Inspiration, is a Fantasy class ship built in 1996 and refurbished in 2007. It is 859 feet long and weighs 70 gross tons. The above photo is the ship in Cozumel, and the first few photos below were taken as we left Tampa, Fl.






Seriously? This is why we are so stupid. Next will be a sign saying "Caution, jumping overboard may lead to drowning!"
Inside the Grand Hall (those are elevators)
Whale Tail!!
Sunrise in Cozumel

Here the locals tie up the ship.
While we were out, another ship pulled up next to ours. Two cruise ships together = awesome photo oppurtunities! But here's the freaky part: The only other time I've been on a cruise was in High School when my band went on a cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. Turns out the ship next to ours, is the Holiday, the same ship I took to Mexico eight years ago! Now it operates out of Mobile and goes to Cozumel. So here are both cruise ships I've ever benn on.



two whales = twice the fun!



No comments: